A fanzine that celebrates young designers, architects, curators & makers
Issue no.2 available in print or as a digital download
Autumn / Winter 2013–2014
The Unpublishables was established in 2012 to give voice to young architects and writers who are developing their own projects, research and alternative practice. It was born out of frustration towards the constraints of the commercial design press, and a desire to put together a collection of writings that explores the breadth of opinion in architecture and design.
There is no funding behind this project. It is wholly independent, and has come together through the commitment and hard work of all the contributors.
Download your free digital copy of The Unpublishables. Contact us to purchase your own limited edition printed copy.
- Catherine Smith – Graphic designer for The Unpublishables, Assistant Designer at More Creative
- Chee–Kit Lai – Director at Mobile Studio, Undergraduate tutor at The Bartlett
- Dan Cash – Mechanical and buildings services engineer, visiting technical tutor The Bartlett
- Dan Tassell – Architectural Assistant at Haworth Tompkins, photographer, cinematographer and architecture tutor
- David Valinsky – Architectural at NRAP Architects, tutor at Cambridge University
- Ewan Harrison – Junior heritage consultant at Atkins, committee member DOCOMOMO
- Giles Smith – Designer and writer, co-founder of Assemble art and design collective
- James Taylor-Foster – Part I student at Manchester School of Architecture, co-founder Mies. UK, contributing editor to ArchDaily
- Mark Smith – Architect and urbanist, undergraduate tutor The Cass School of Architecture
- Punya Sehmi – Architectural and urban designer, photographer
- Rebecca Lane – Phd student in wellbeing and architecture, Masters in Architectural History graduate
- Zoe Berman – Founder of The Unpublishables, architectural assistant to The Projects Office, visiting undergraduate architecture tutor and critic